- Insurance Services
- Auto, Home & Personal Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Business Owners Package Insurance
- Farm / Agribusiness Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Manufacturers Insurance
- Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- - View All Business
- Life & Health Insurance
- Group Benefits
- Farm / Agribusiness Insurance
- About Us
- Policy Service
- Contact Us
Article originally posted on www.erieinsurance.com(opens in new tab)Filed Under: ERIE Stories
The results are in: Thousands of people shared their experiences about shopping for auto insurance in a national study, and Erie Insurance was awarded “Highest Satisfaction with the Auto Insurance Purchase Experience.”
Erie Insurance earned the highest score among auto insurers in providing a satisfying purchase experience in 2019, with a score of 917 on a 1,000-point scale. The industry average was 852.
ERIE has ranked highest in the study consecutively since 2013.
“This recognition speaks directly to the importance of an insurance agent in the shopping experience. The guidance, insight, and personal attention ERIE agents give to their customers is not something that can be replicated online,” said Tim NeCastro, president and CEO of Erie Insurance. “To receive this distinction for the seventh consecutive year is a tremendous honor.”
The U.S. Insurance Shopping Study measures auto insurance shopping, purchase behavior, and purchase experience satisfaction among customers who recently purchased insurance. Satisfaction is measured on three factors (in order of importance):
- Price: How customers rate their new auto insurance provider on the price of the policy given the level of coverage. (Read more: What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance?)
- Distribution channel: How customers rate their experience interacting with their new auto provider’s agent, call center reps, and website. (Read more: 6 Reasons You’ll Love Having an Independent Insurance Agent)
- Policy offerings: How customers rate the variety of coverage options, the degree to which their needs are met, and the ease of obtaining a new policy. (Read more: Your Ultimate Guide to Understanding Auto Insurance)
The study methodology
The J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Insurance Shopping Study SM provides an in-depth look at the auto insurance policy selection process. It explores why customers shop, their attitudes toward and perceptions of auto insurance brands, and how they make their final purchase decision.
The study is based on responses from more than 14,400 insurance customers who requested an auto insurance price quote from at least one competitive insurer in the past nine months, and it includes more than 38,800 unique customer evaluations of insurers. The study was fielded in April, July, and October 2018, as well as January 2019.
Shopping for insurance? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch. Learn more about auto insurance from ERIE or get an online auto quote and experience the ERIE difference for yourself.
Erie Insurance received the highest numerical score in the J.D. Power 2013–2019 U.S. Insurance Shopping Study (tied in 2016). Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com for more information.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact High & Rubish Insurance Agency today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.